Partnering has been the life blood of the Life Sciences industry, both for large and small companies. Katan maintains relationships with numerous global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to assist clients in partnering transactions.
Most of the larger Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies consistently seek to in-license compounds in order to fulfill pipeline requirements and to offset increasingly reduced productivity of research and development dollars spent.
Katan has been successful in partnering high growth, highly innovative firms with large pharmaceutical firms and biotechnology companies looking to establish long-term partnerships and alliances.
In an effort to provide expert level services in this area, Katan is proud to announce that in December 2006 it has signed a Joint Venture Agreement with Biocomm2 in order to provide global services and access to its partnering clients. All partnering activity for Katan will now be serviced through the Biocomm2 relationship.
Biocomm2 is an international business development company based in Melbourne, Australia that specializes in both in and out-licensing transactions for its clients. Biocomm2 has clients in Australia, Japan, Europe and North America. To date the Principals of Biocomm2 have experience in over 50 licensing transaction transactions. Biocomm2 has completed in excess of US $200 million of partnerships since 2002.
Globally, Katan/ Biocomm2's skill set for client companies includes:
- Understanding from the client the needs and objectives of the partnering activity.
- Market analysis for the identification of potential partner target organizations
- Development and preparation of non-confidential documentation, outlining the scientific rationale, the status of the clinical development program and the underlying business objectives sought by the client
- Process management
- Establishment of deal terms, structuring and negotiation
- Negotiation participation and assistance to lawyers in drafting documents to encompass the financial and operational terms won in negotiation, through to deal closing.
Katan has had a long-standing relationship with the founder of an early stage therapeutic drug development company. When it came time to seek partners, the CEO called upon Katan's relationships, experience, and expertise, to assist in the process. With the help of management and a solid technology, Katan was able to assist the company in securing a partnership with a leading global pharmaceutical firm.